|Location||Shelter, Neo Ark|
Watchers are one of the two enemies in Parasite Eve II that do not give out Bounty Points or Mitochondria Points. They all look the same but have very different effects depending on the color of their beams. Due to their mechanical nature, PE attacks and Combat Items are ineffective.
A low-damage attack that inflicts PARALYSIS. When combined with other turrets, this can give them free hits as Aya endures a seizure.
There are 2 types.
- The first one has a short warmup time and does less damage.
- The second one has a far greater warmup, but does considerably more damage.
The White Beams of the Watchers attack Aya with a burst of machine gun fire that can deal some good damage (double the damage of the other beams) to her. When combined with the other beams, they can cause some serious harm to Aya. These are relatively harder to deal with since their attack is not a single laser beam and Aya needs to continuously run around to avoid harm.
A low-damage attack that inflicts CONFUSION. Given how this scrambles how Aya moves around, this can allow other turrets some unexpected extra hits. If inflicted with this, it makes as much sense to focus down higher-damaging Watchers, if possible, since attacking remains uninterrupted.
- Watchers can be turned off from the security option in the Pod Gantry control monitors, although after the GOLEM raid they will be activated once again.
- The Hammer(Stun Gun) and M9(Bayonet) are really useful for dealing with Watchers, although these attachments have a limited range. Some weapons, like the P229 and M4A1 can out-range the Watchers, allowing the player to attack with impunity.
- Watchers are programmed to target everything alive and moving, therefore can be tricked into attacking NMCs/ANMCs and GOLEMs. Any status effects dealt by Blue and Yellow lasers will also affect their targets.